Wellesley Sunshine Class of ’67 Breaks All Reunion Records at Their 50th!
That’s the headline we’re all hoping for as we gear up for our 50th reunion next June 2nd – 4th! Our intent is to create a wonderful weekend with opportunities to connect with dear friends and to make new ones, to share memories we’ve accumulated over the last 50 years along with the plans we are making for the future, and to visit the Wellesley we know and to see how it has changed.
Our Record Book committee is excited to receive your Profiles and Survey responses to fill our memorable 50th reunion book! Special memorial pages are also being planned to remember classmates who are no longer with us. Please share photos and reminiscences of those who were close to you.
We have two special programs in the works for the weekend.
We are offering a Thursday afternoon program for classmates who want to kick off the weekend early! After lunch at the College Club, Leyli Maparyan of the Wellesley Center for Women will be speaking. This will be followed by a cocktail reception at the home of Judy Willis Topping.
Saturday afternoon we will have “Conversational Circles” with classmate facilitators to discuss what we have learned since graduation and how we look at the future. This is an exciting departure from the panel discussions we have had in some prior reunions.
Our Class Dinner on Saturday will be in Alumnae Hall followed by a “Senior Show” – a musical revue being created especially for our reunion! What a treat we expect that to be!
On Sunday we will all deck ourselves out in beautiful yellow and white scarves to march in the Parade of Classes.
Now we need YOU to make that headline a reality! Here’s what you need to do:
Start making your plans to come to reunion.
Prepare your Record Book submission early.
Get the phone tree going to share the excitement of our 50th.
Hoping to see you in June!
50th Reunion Weekend Events
- Lunch - Wellesley College Club 12:30
- Program on the Wellesley Center for women 2-4 Wellesley College Club
- Welcome Reception 6-8 the home of Judy Willis Topping
- Tower opens for committees 9AM
- Tower opens for registration 1PM
- WCAA cocktail party 5 – 6:30 Tower Court Great Hall
- Dinner 6:30 Tent outside Tower Court
- Wine and conversation 8-10 Tower Court Great Hall
- Memorial Service - Tower Court
- Class Meeting - Tower Court
- Passions and Projects - Tower Court
- President Johnson?
- WCAA Meeting 11 – 12:15
- Lunch 12:45 Tower Court Dining Room
- Talking in Circles 2-4
- Passions and Projects 4
- Social hour 6-7 either within Alumnae Hall or on patio depending on numbers
- Class dinner 7-9
- Senior Revue 9-10
- Political Activism program 8:30 – 10
- Parade of Classes 10:30 – 11:30
- Lunch 12 Tent outside Tower Court
- Dorm closes 2PM