Wellesley Sunshine Class of ’67 Breaks All Reunion Records at Their 50th!
That’s the headline we’re all hoping for as we gear up for our 50th reunion next June 2nd – 4th! Our intent is to create a wonderful weekend with opportunities to connect with dear friends and to make new ones, to share memories we’ve accumulated over the last 50 years along with the plans we are making for the future, and to visit the Wellesley we know and to see how it has changed.
Our Record Book committee is excited to receive your Profiles and Survey responses to fill our memorable 50th reunion book! Special memorial pages are also being planned to remember classmates who are no longer with us. Please share photos and reminiscences of those who were close to you.
We have three special programs in the works for the weekend.
- We are offering a Thursday afternoon program for classmates who want to kick off the weekend early! After lunch at the College Club, Leyli Maparyan of the Wellesley Centers for Women will be speaking along with a number of the Class of ’67 interns. This will be followed by a cocktail reception at the home of Judy Willis Topping.
- Saturday afternoon we will have “Talking in Circles” with classmate facilitators to discuss what we have learned since graduation and how we look at the future. This is an exciting departure from the panel discussions we have had in some prior reunions.
- Sunday morning’s program is “Political Activism:Educate, Organize, Agitate and Work Really Hard.” We know this will be of interest to many of us in light of this year’s events!
Our Class Dinner on Saturday will be in Alumnae Hall followed by a “50th Reunion Revue” – a musical production being created especially for our reunion! What a treat we expect that to be!
On Sunday we will all deck ourselves out in beautiful yellow and white scarves to march in the Parade of Classes.
Now we need YOU to make that headline a reality! Here’s what you need to do:
- Start making your plans to come to reunion.
- Get the phone tree going to share the excitement of our 50th.
Hoping to see you in June!