UPDATE! Our DC mini-reunion enrollment is nearly full! If you are interested, please RSVP now! There are a few spots still open after which we will generate a wait list.
Please SAVE THE DATE to join your Wellesley College ‘67 classmates for an exciting
mini-reunion in Washington, DC, April 27 – May 1, 2020. Plans are underway!
Our organizing committee of capital-local classmates are creating a unique and
stimulating program of experiences and visits to sites you may not have seen, even if you
are familiar with Washington.
On Monday, April 27, we’ll gather for a late afternoon Kick Off reception at the home of Pamela Hyde Smith.
After a farewell banquet Thursday evening April 30 at the Cosmos Club, we depart Friday morning May 1. Over three full days, we’ll explore:
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- National Museum of Asian Art and nearby National Museum of African Art
- Glenstone, the new contemporary art museum created by Mitchell Rales and curated by his wife, Wellesley alumna Emily Wei Rales
- The Hillwood estate, museum and gardens, former home of Marjorie Merriweather Post
- The State Department Diplomatic Reception Rooms
- Washington’s vibrant and growing theatre scene
Extras, if time allows:
- A visit to your Representative or Senator and tour of the new Capitol Visitors Center
- A night walk on the Mall
- National Cathedral
Our insider team is arranging delicious dining experiences from the best of the city’s exciting culinary offerings. If you need lodging, please contact the Cosmos Club https://www.cosmosclub.org/Accommodations. or the Fairfax Hotel https://fairfaxwashingtondc.com/ Pricing details to follow. Spirit Fund scholarships will be available for classmates on a limited travel budget.
Please join us with your RSVP now! Please click the "Click here to buy tickets" button below to RSVP. It’s not a final commitment but should indicate
your strong interest with no anticipated conflicts, and will guarantee a place (or a place on the wait list) for you in DC!
Your ’67 in DC Planning Committee:
Leesa Heydenreich Campbell (chair)
Ann Armstrong Van Dusen
Gretchen Smith Bolton, Treasurer
Betsy Osborne Bond
Pamela Hyde Smith
Rhoda Morss Trooboff
Erry Johnson, Communications